Hyper Universe's official Xbox One launch is only a couple weeks away, and to gear up for its August 7 release date, we're hosting another closed beta flight test this weekend!
If you're an Xbox Live Gold member who's joined the Xbox Insider Program, you'll be eligible to access the closed beta flight test when it launches this weekend. Players who participated in the first closed beta test will automatically be admitted for this one. Keys to access the flight test are limited and it's first come first serve, so make sure to secure your spot!
Pacific: Fri, July 20 10:00 AM PDT - Mon, July 23 10:00 AM PDT
Eastern: Fri, July 20 1:00 PM EDT - Mon, July 23 1:00 PM EDT
Brazil: Fri, July 20 2:00 PM BRT - Mon, July 23 2:00 PM BRT
London: Fri, July 20 6:00 PM BST - Mon, July 23 6:00 PM BST
Sydney: Sat, July 21 3:00 AM AEST - Tues, July 24 3:00 AM AEST
Read below for more info!
For this second flight test we've added a variety of new features that we're excited to share with you! Some of these include:
- Take the battle to the jungle with the newly added Dragon Refuge Map! Blast through the underbrush and fight enemies in a lush forest environment - just watch out for the huge dragon hiding deep within the jungle!
- Play matches your way with our new Custom Mode! Pick a map then select regular or draft pick. You'll be able to invite up to 7 other players, or practice your skills against AI opponents. Note that experience is not earned in Custom Matches.
- Observe your friends' matches in Spectate Mode! Just search for your friends to see if any of them are currently in a match, then sit back and enjoy the mayhem.
How To Participate:
1. Sign in and launch the Xbox Insider Hub on your Xbox One console.
2. Navigate to Insider content > Hyper Universe.
3. Select Join.
4. Joining will direct you to the Store to download the Hyper Universe Beta for Xbox One!
*Players who participated in the first closed beta test will automatically be admitted.
**Limited keys are available for this playtest and registrations are open on a first-come first-served basis. More space may become available throughout the weekend, so be sure to check back!
Meet the Roster:
Here are the Hypers that you’ll be sending into combat!
Tank: Athena, Admiral W, Gelimer, Green Pit Bull, Gulunba*, Valter
Bruiser: Arslan, Hogdukei, Jennifer*, Migenhardt, Sun Wukong, Tooth and Tops, Zet
Specialist: Tatyana, Aisha, Allen*, Ignitia, Perseus, Shasha, Yuna
Striker: Jack, Turner, Celine*, Han, Michelle, Ryta, Signal
Support: Pinky, Cain, Curse Eye, Elendis, Victoria
Assassin: Blue Rose, Kurenai, Liu, Louis, Sapitelbub, Tae’guk, Trakakhan
* These Hypers are unlocked once you complete the following:
- Allen: Complete the Prologue
- Celine: Reach level 3
- Jennifer: Reach level 4
- Gulunba: Reach level 9
The following Hypers are available on Free Rotation:
- Tank: Athena
- Bruiser: Migenhardt
- Specialist: Ignitia
- Striker: Michelle
- Support: Curse Eye
- Assassin: Blue Rose
The remaining Hypers will be available to purchase for GP in the store!
On the second day of the Hyper Universe closed beta flight test, there's an extra bonus for players who complete 3 matches during the special 3-hour window. Once you complete the matches, you'll earn Jennifer's Aurora's Light skin, an Xbox-exclusive skin which will appear on your account once the game officially launches!
This event will happen at the following times:
Pacific: Sat, July 21 11:00 AM PDT - 2:00 PM PDT
Eastern: Sat, July 21 2:00 PM EDT - 5:00 PM EDT
Brazil: Sat, July 21 3:00 PM BRT - 6:00 PM BRT
London: Sat, July 21 7:00 PM BST - 10:00 PM BST
Sydney: Sun, July 22 4:00 AM AEST - 7:00 AM AEST
Maps & Modes:
- The Delta Station and Dragon Refuge maps will available for this closed beta test.
- All modes will be available, including Quick Matches, AI Matches, Custom Matches, Spectate, and The Training Room.
Get a sneak peak at all the Hypers and skins available once the game drops by perusing the Hyper Shop! All Hypers will be available to purchase in the shop for 15,000 GP each.
*Hypers and equipment will only be available to purchase using GP that's been earned in-game. Skins will not be available for purchase.
Make sure to take part in our special daily missions to earn extra rewards throughout our flight test! Each mission resets at 1:00 AM PDT / 4:00 AM EDT / 5:00 AM BRT / 9:00 AM BST / 6:00 PM AEST. The daily missions are as follows:
- Daily Cube - Win a non-custom match on a weekday to obtain a Hyper Cube! Can achieve 3 times a day (resets everyday at 1:00 AM PDT / 4:00 AM EDT / 5:00 AM BRT / 9:00 AM BST / 6:00 PM AEST)
- Weekend Cube - Win a non-custom match over the weekend to obtain a Hyper Cube! Can achieve 5 times a day (resets at 1:00 AM PDT / 4:00 AM EDT / 5:00 AM BRT / 9:00 AM BST / 6:00 PM AEST)
- Gold Win of the Day - Win a non-custom match to earn 500 GP! Can achieve once a day.
Level Up Rewards:
Rack up awesome rewards by leveling up your account over the course of the flight test! You could win up to 30,000 GP, as well as Skin Coupons, Emotes, Golden Cubes, Crafting Materials, and even New Hypers!
*Level-up rewards will only last for the duration of this flight test. They will not carry over to your account once the game officially launches.
- The loading screen that appears after a match has finished but before the end-of-match stats does not have a progress bar (the load is about 25-30 seconds).
- To save a player-created equipment load-out, the player must press B to back out of the Equipment Settings menu. This will trigger the prompt to save the load-out for use in a match.
- Occasionally, a player may press A to accept a match then not be properly transitioned to the Hyper Select Screen. When this happens, they will soft lock on the Match Queue screen and need to reboot the title. The other players in the queue will go to Hyper Select and then have the match canceled once the locked out player fails to choose a Hyper.
- Players may see occasional crashes on Dragon Refuge after playing multiple matches.
- Players cannot upgrade their equipment while dead. They have to wait until they respawn to upgrade.
- Victory or Defeat V.O. plays twice at the end of a match.
- Sometimes when a player accepts a match but other users do not, the player will be atomically re-queued, but the search timer will not be visible. If this occurs the player is still queued, but will receive a message saying “that region is not available” when trying to access other areas of the game. The match acceptance UI will appear once a full match is found.
- Players who try to Spectate a friend's match when the match is less than 3 minutes old will receive the following error message: “An error occurred in the game room. Please try again later”. They will then become soft locked on the Spectate Selection UI. If they reboot and try to Spectate again, or wait until the match has been in progress at least three minutes, they will not encounter this issue.
- Triggers on the Xbox Elite Controller will not work properly if trigger lock is on. Please turn trigger lock on the controller off for a better gameplay experience.